Explorers Hotel review
Why should you stay in the Explorers Hotel in Disneyland Paris ? As you will see in our Explorers Hotel Review, If you want to be close to the magic, love the pirate theming or have kids with plenty of energy then you will love the Explorers Hotel at Disneyland Paris. The Explorers Hotel Disneyland Paris is an ideal base to visit DLP with free transfers to & from the parks and is the closest hotel off-site to Disneyland Paris theme parks.
The Explorers Hotel is owned by Algonquin group who recently took over from Thomas Cook & refurbished the hotel to a very high standard in 2013. The hotel has a glorious pirate & Caribbean theme which is great fun for kids & adults alike. As the name suggests this hotel gives you an Explorers feel of sailing the high sees & having fun on the shores in your own personal mini-adventure.
The Explorers Hotel DLP has plenty of choices for refreshments & food. Breakfast is a continental buffet served in the Plantation Restaurant with high quality pastries, fresh fruit, meats, cheeses & hot or cold drinks aplenty. You can also have a dinner here serving international cuisine in the evenings. Perhaps you want a quick bite to eat? Look no further than Marco’s Pizza Parlour for that Italian authentic snack before bedtime. The kids love this place! The Captain’s Library serves very nice French cuisine & you have a large choice of alcoholic tipples including amazing cocktails in Trader’s Bar.
Recreation & Services
Rooms & Suites
The Explorers Hotel at Disneyland Paris is a firm favourite with families due to it’s proximity, price and also it’s superb child friendly atmosphere. They provide family rooms & group rooms sleeping 4, 5, 6, 8 or 10 people. Perfect for larger families.
- Executive Rooms 2 Persons – These rooms are perfect for couples who don’t need the larger rooms or extra beds. They contain a double bed, Sofa & coffee table within the room which still has all the theming of a nautical cabin voyage.
- Standard 4 persons – The room sleeps 4 persons and has a double & 2 single beds. They are decorated to a high standard with a nautical theme giving the impression of being in your very own cabin aboard an explorers ship!
- Family Rooms – This room sleeps 6 persons with a double bed & 2 sets of bunk beds. These rooms are large with one set of bunk beds in it’s very own room complete with private TV in each room. Again, the nautical theme of a cabin is fun for kids & bigger voyagers too.
The above rooms can be booked as interconnecting rooms to increase capacity to 8 or 10 persons per room.
- Planet Hollywood Suite – Up to 6 persons – This stunning suite is based around the much loved Planet Hollywood restaurant chain (which includes one in Disney Village) & is great for those who love all the blockbuster movies throughout the years.
- Sweet Suite – Up to 6 persons – Imagine living in the world of hit movie “Wreck It Ralph”? Now you can with this sweet candy inspired suite. Kids will go loopy for this room and everywhere you look is fun filled sweetness.
- Jungle Suite – Up to 6 persons – Unleash your animal side in this wild jungle themed suite. You will love pretending to be Tarzan on an epic adventure in this Rrrrrrrroaring success of a suite.
- Knights & Princesses Suite – Up to 6 persons – Spoil your adventurous young royalty with these regal rooms. There is opulence in the air with these rooms which give you a unique Castle experience.
All suites contain a Master Bedroom with double bed, A living area with Sofa Bed for 2 & a separate bedroom with bunk beds. These really add a touch of luxury to any stay and the price is remarkably affordable compared to some of the Suites in Disneyland Hotels.
Services in the themed suites:
- Main bathroom with bath, shower and separate toilet
- Second bathroom with bath and shower
- Separate WC
- Air conditioning
- Mini fridge
- TV in each room – International channels
- Video on demand
- Courtesy tray (coffee, tea and chocolate)
- Free cot on request (subject to availability)
If you have a group of larger than 6 then you can request adjoining rooms which turns the above rooms into 8 or 10 person rooms.
All rooms have the following features as standard :
Top Tips for Explorers Hotel DLP Paris
The Explorers Hotel is offsite but the free shuttle bus arrives every 15-20 minutes throughout the day & takes around 5-10 minutes to reach Disneyland Parks.
Kids will love staying here in their own bunk beds (family room) & the swimming pool has a unique Aquaplay Centrepiece which is outstanding.
Breakfast times are quietest between 7-8am.
It is advisable to always make reservations at the hotel restaurants in advance if possible.
PLEASE NOTE – If you intend to swim then ALL males must wear speedos or swimming trunks. This is French Law now.
Towels from your room are not permitted to use at the pool but you can purchase a swimming pool towel for €2 or bring your own.
The FREE shuttle (number 54) runs from 6 a.m. to 11:45 p.m. every day of the year. Hours may change in correlation with events at Disney (please ask at the reception for further information)
The XD Cinema is open from 6-10pm each night & costs €5 per person. You must be over 1m tall to experience this.
Have you been before – Explorers Hotel Disneyland Paris ?
If you have been to this hotel before and have something to add or agree with our Explorers Hotel review DLP then please share your thoughts with others in the DLP Tips community below. You can give your own hotel rating and add in any top tips for staying in the Explorers Hotel Disneyland Paris.